A daily routine of exercise can do wonders to your health and overall well-being. Here are 10 benefits you gain when you work out on a regular basis.
1. Good for your heart
- Exercise reduces LDL cholesterol that clogs arteries.
- It also reduces your blood pressure, relieving blood pressure on your heart.
- It improves the heart muscle function and blood flow.
- And also diminishes the chances of blood clot.
2. Promotes weight loss
- Research shows that to have an effect on weight loss, you need to exercise for 30 minutes a day.
- You can also do an hour of intensive exercise every second day, if this fits your schedule.
3. Prevents osteoporosis
- Along with healthy calcium intake, exercise builds strong bones.
- Weight bearing exercises like running, walking and weight lifting, help lowering your odds of getting osteoporosis as you grow older.
4. Helps to lower BP
- No matter your age, weight, race or gender it does help to get exercise from a brisk walk, a fast run or few laps in the pool. It helps to keep your BP in check.
- Exercise counters stress and depression
- It acts as a temporary divergent to daily stresses and improve self esteem and confidence.
6. Boost your immunity
- people who exercise regularly are 23% less likely to get cold
- and even if you get a cold the symptoms disappear quickly, if you stick to an exercise regimen to boost your immunity.
7. Improves respiration function
- with regular exercise, your lung muscles become stronger and more efficient thereby improving the entire respiratory system.
- Increasing the strength of respiratory muscles helps to increase respiratory volumes.
8. Check on diabetes
- regular exercise in any form can also help to reduce insulin requirements, lower your cholesterol levels
- and in the long run can reduce the chances of heart disease and stroke.
9. You feel much happier
- Exercise can help to improve your mood.
- Induce positive feelings
- and make you feel happier by producing the right hormones needed for your sound health.
10. Anti-aging effects
- Exercise enhances blood flow to the brain, reducing risk of stroke.
- It also improves reasoning and memory.